Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Busy Bee

As you can probably tell, I haven't had a lot of time to write a new post. I was going through radiation, finished January 27th, started Spring semester (which has kept me on my toes!), and trying to have a social life. January was filled with a lot of going out with friends, which was so much fun! My friend Jon mentioned to me how it was only January & we've gone out a lot! I've also gone to 2 concerts, MxPx & Demi Lovato. I got to meet Mike Herrera from MxPx, he was so cool & he remembered me from Twitter, which I thought showed how genuine this guy is. February has gone by so fast, I guess it feels that way cause it's a short month. This month has been fun, but I've gotten some sad news. My uncle was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I found out a childhood friend that I've known since kindergarten, was diagnosed with cancer too, not sure what kind yet. I say this over & over again, I HATE CANCER! FUCK CANCER! Though I hate it with a passion, I have to admit it has led me to do some incredible things and meet amazing people. I actually met with my support group coordinator today to do a training. I'll be joining her in talking to teenagers about early detection and health and all that good stuff. My hopes for this is that at least one of those student's takes the initiative to become aware of their bodies and advocate for themselves. It's so crucial to be aware of your own health and all the changes, so if you notice something different, you can get it checked out. I think I'm perfect for this, since I'm a young adult and not that long ago was I in a P.E. class in high school. I'm excited, yet nervous!

Well, this cancer chick is gonna try & catch some zZz's!

No comments:

Post a Comment