Friday, April 11, 2014

Inner Light

"Seeing through glamour is easy. It's people that are hard."

I read this while reading The Mortal Instruments, Book One: City of Bones and it really stuck with me. We live in a life where vanity takes the number one spot in our lives.I've learned a lot about beauty and myself this past year. I've struggled with my "new" looks, but I had to remind myself that the outside doesn't really matter. My beauty is within me and my inner light is what will shine through. I want people to know me from the inside, out. Peel back the layers and get to  know me in my true form. 

That's why I love blogging. I get to discuss my strengths, my fears, my worries, my pain, my anger, my everything. I may be talking to nobody on here, but that's what makes it special. It's my diary, but public diary. Maybe people do read it, maybe they don't, but all that matters is that I get to share my life on my terms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment